Tuesday, 24 July 2018

A book that I am enjoying

I am going to tell you about a book I am enjoying. This book is called The Midnight Gang by David Walliams. Did you know that David is also a Judge on a talent show called Britain's Got Talent? I have read this book at least 5 times and it is a very good book. I recommend this book to kids aged 8-12. So this is the plot of the book. When Tom, an innocent boy, gets hit on the head with a cricket ball, he is trundled off to Lord Funt Hospital. But what he doesn't realise is that he can't have anything he wants for breakfast, and that the Matron doesn't even like children! Now, meet the Porter. He is a very nice man with a lopsided face. At first sight, Tom screams at the Porter because he looks a little bit scary. Now since he is a member of the Midnight Gang, Tom isn't scared of him anymore. Every night, the Midnight Gang goes on a cool adventure. From going into the deep freeze to chasing a naked old lady over the rooftops of London, they have a lot of fun. In the end, the Porter gets sacked for taking the kids in an ambulance to rescue an old 99 year old lady hanging on to balloons for dear life! They drive the wrong way down one way streets, go through red lights, and lock the cleaner in the gift shop! The children are devastated. It gets a lot worse when Tom gets 1 cornflake with a hint of tomato sauce!


Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that you enjoyed it! Come back next week! BYE BYE!Image result for midnight gang by david walliams

1 comment:

  1. Super blog post Emily! Love the detail you have added about the book. It sounds like a really good read.

    ReplyDelete

Some Learning I Have Persevered With

                               Autobiographies! La la la la la, OOPS! I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there. Today in this very ...